If you are a complete blackjack beginner, read our previous guide on how to play blackjack and learn all the basic rules of the game. However, if you are already into blackjack, and you say that you know the basics, you are probably wondering if there is an effective strategy that can help you win more money.
Well, look no further because here today we have created a top Blackjack online guide that can improve your skills and increase your chances to win big money.
Keep reading to learn more!
Most popular blackjack winning strategies
The set of rules that inform you about the best way to play each blackjack hand is called the basic strategy.
Playing with this blackjack strategy gives you benefits that include increasing your chances of winning large amounts of money, and reducing the amount you lose.
This strategy is completely correct from the mathematical point of view because, in essence, blackjack is a card game with a mathematical set of rules (fixed rules).
It is one of the easiest casino games to learn and with just a little practice you can master the strategy and improve your chances of winning.
For beginning let’s take a look at some of the basic terminology used in the game of blackjack:
- Hit: Proceed to the next card. You are able to call it “hit” until you bust or decide to stand.
- Stand: Hit the Stand button when you decide to not take additional cards.
- Double down: Doubling the bet size with the choice to “Hit” or “Stand”
- Split: You can split 2 cards of the equal value in 2 different hands. Your initial bet remains the same.
- Surrender: If you think you will lose your hand, you call for this action and give up half of your bet.
- Insurance: If the first dealer’s card is for example an Ace you should call for insurance. Essentially you are betting on the dealer to win with half of your initial bet.
- If a player busts or surrenders, the dealer instantly wins
- If the dealer’s card value is closest to 21 players lose.
- If the dealer’s card value is a total of 16 or even less, he is required to hit.
- If the dealer’s total card value is 18 or higher, he must stand.
- Hard 17 for the dealer means that he must stand
- Soft 17 for the dealers means that he must hit
5 best tips for maximising your winnings in blackjack
If you want to increase your chances of winning, take a look at these five golden rules
#1. Master the basic strategy and use it
In blackjack, cards 2 to 9 are valued as their face value, while king, queen, jack and ten are valued as 10 points. The ace has two values like 1 or 11. Any professional player will tell you that in most cases you assume that the next card drawn is 10 points.
We checked that and statistically, they were not wrong. So, if you are not sure what to decide for the next decision, use the strategy chart. These charts show you when to hit, stand, split, or double in a given hand.
But remember that the charts are not 100% accurate and I cannot guarantee that you will win every time, but they will increase your chances of winning. You can find these charts for free on many blackjack websites or you can buy them.
#2. Double & Split
You should always double your bet when the total value of your first two cards is 11. If you have pair of Aces or 8’s split them!
Be careful when you want to split. Never split the value of cards up to 10 (example: count a pair of fives as one value of 10, which means that if the next card is ten or ace you will have the strongest hand 21 or 20).
#3. Win in streaks
If you win 3 or more hands in a row then you are on a winning streak.
The recommendation of all experienced blackjack players is to always slightly raise your bet size during a winning streak to maximize your profits.
On the other hand, when you lose immediately reduce the size of your bet.
#4. Set a goal
A lot of people make a huge mistake by playing too long before they win.
If you want to be a winner and take money home it is very important to be organized, so set a goal or an amount you are ready to spend.
After you double that amount or you reach your goal payout your winnings and step away from the game. It is very important to know when to stop because lady luck can reverse quickly.
#5. Look for welcome bonuses
Do not forget to claim any welcome bonus at online casino offers.
Some online casino New Zealand brands have specialized bonuses for casinos with live dealers which you can use at games such as blackjack.
Also, most casinos run loyalty programs where you will be rewarded no matter whether you win or lose.
These rewards are in the form of free spins, free cash, cashback and other free casino rewards gifts.
Top welcome bonus packages at blackjack casinos
Playojo casino10/10Games: 5000+50 free spins no wager on Book of DeadNo withdrawal nor maximum win limit50 free spinsno wager
150 free spinsno wager
Vegasoo casino10/10Games: 1700+25% cashback bonus on 2nd depositMonthly bonus up to NZ$100NZ$ 1500+ 50 free spins
2NZ$ 1500+ 50 free spins
Woo Casino10/10Games: 2000+Rewarding tournaments and promosAccept crypto paymentsNZ$300+ 200 free spins
3NZ$300+ 200 free spins
Hello Casino9/10Games: 2000+VIP loyalty rewards programSensational Sundays promoNZ$ 100+ 25 free spins
4NZ$ 100+ 25 free spins
Playerz casino10/10Games: 1300+50 free spins on Twin SpinMonthly, Weekly, and Daily promotionNZ$1500+ 50 free spins
5NZ$1500+ 50 free spins
Do’s and Don’t for beginner blackjack players
- Make sure you always pick a table where the dealer stands on a soft 17. These tables give a huge advantage and lower the house edge which results in making odds in your favour for an easier win.
- If you have a lower budget, don’t go for the first online casino you see. Do your research and try to find a casino that offers lower minimum stake sizes.
- Play for fun, and don’t forget that you should never try to earn money for living through gambling.
- Forget about counting cards while playing online blackjack. Online casinos after each hand change the deck so that the card counting strategy will not work. If you are in a land-based casino you can also forget about it because casinos today have surveillance cameras and dealers who are taught to notice your ticket counting. This strategy will not work sadly.
- Don’t play when you are under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs. Many have lost large sums due to the influence of these on your thinking and decisions. Know when to stop and always play for as much as you can afford.
- Don’t use the Martingale strategy if you have a low budget. Strategies like the Martingale system and others are not 100% correct at first and there is no guarantee that you will win. These strategies can work, but mostly in constant motion, and this requires a larger budget.