Casino bonuses are a promotion top online casinos offer to encourage players to pick their brand, register, and deposit.
A casino bonus is typically made up of a payment percentage based on the player’s initial deposit or as a reward for registration (free spins).
After the player makes the deposit, the casino will instantly match the percentage of your deposit in bonus funds, and you will receive free spins.
Let’s take a closer look at how online casino bonus in NZ works, how to choose the best bonus promotion and more.
But first, see our ten best casino bonuses in NZ.
Best casino bonus offers for NZ players in 2024
Playojo10/10Games: 5000+50 free spins no wager on Book of DeadNo withdrawal nor maximum win limit50 free spinsno wager
150 free spinsno wager
Hell Spin Casino10/10Games: 4000+Secret BonusAccepts CryptoNZ$ 5200+ 150 free spins
2NZ$ 5200+ 150 free spins
Dunder8/10Games: 2760+Wide range of gamesFast withdrawal optionsNZ$ 5050 free spins
3NZ$ 5050 free spins
Casumo10/10Games: 3872+No deposit free spinsSports betting & Live casinoNZ$ 1200+ 55 free spins
4NZ$ 1200+ 55 free spins
22Bet6/10Games: 1100+Sport bettingSports, Bingo, Virtual sportsNZ$ 500
Captain Spins7/10Games: 1500+Mission badges and loyalty programVIP tier levels and rewardsNZ$ 1200+ 260 free spins
6NZ$ 1200+ 260 free spins
Slotnite7/10Games: 2000+15 no deposit free spinsLoyalty rewards & bonusesNZ$ 1000+ 200 free spins
7NZ$ 1000+ 200 free spins
Hello Casino9/10Games: 2000+VIP loyalty rewards programSensational Sundays promoNZ$ 100+ 25 free spins
8NZ$ 100+ 25 free spins
Mr Play casino8/10Games: 500+Sports bettingLoyalty programNZ$ 200+ 10 free spins
9NZ$ 200+ 10 free spins
Should you take a casino bonus?
Online casino players enjoy fun games with many features and opportunities to win cash. One of the best ways to show players how much you appreciate them is by providing offers that boost playtime and chances to win.
A popular yet strategic way of enticing customers is by offering a signup incentive. Casino owners have figured out that giving new players a chance to win from the beginning is a great way to lure them in.
Players can choose the casino they want to play at and the type of bonus they’d like to qualify for. They then get to play according to those particular bonus offer rules.
Customers do not mind releasing an NZ deposit if they can trust that it will be matched, doubled or more. New Zealand players are incredibly excited about the chance to win lots of cash from bonus funds at the brand from our list of online casino NZ sites!
Types of casino bonuses
There are many ways to receive casino bonuses, meaning there are different types of bonuses offered to new players.
- Deposit Match: The most common type of welcome bonus, where the casino matches a percentage of your first deposit up to a certain amount.
- No Deposit: With this type of bonus, new players don’t need to deposit money to receive it. Online casinos give you some bonus money or free spins to sign up.
- Free Spins: This type of bonus gives you some free spins that can be used on a specific slot game or game.
- Cashback: This bonus returns a percentage of your losses as bonus money.
- Reload Bonus: This bonus is for existing players who make additional deposits. It is similar to the deposit match bonus, but the percentage matched is usually lower.
- High Roller: This welcome bonus is designed for prominent deposit players. It offers a higher percentage match than the standard deposit match bonus.
The most common casino bonus types include free spins, deposit and no deposit bonuses, cashback and loyalty bonuses.
To make it easier for you to understand and take the best advantage of them below, we have listed all types of bonuses players can receive at casinos in New Zealand:
The welcome bonus is the most popular and most common casino bonus.
It is also known as a match bonus.
The welcome bonus player receives in the form of bonus money, which depends on the deposit size.
Often casinos match your deposit with 100%.
Still, some casinos give away a welcome bonus after registering, where no deposit is required.
Either way, the match deposit bonus is the most common.
It is also important to note that the welcome bonus is often split into the first few deposits (usually the first three or four).
The match casino bonuses vary between 50% to 500% depending on the casino.
Total welcome bonus
- Example of welcome bonus: Total bonus up to NZ$200 + 20 free spins at Casumo
Explanation: This welcome bonus is divided into the first four deposits, where the casino will match your every deposit with a certain percentage.
First deposit bonus
Here we have highlighted the first deposit bonus:
- Match bonus on first deposit: 100% up to NZ$300 + 50 free spins on Book of Dead
If you deposit NZ$20, the casino will match you with 100% of your deposit amount.
You will receive another NZ$20 in bonus money.
This goes all up to NZ$300, which means if you deposit that amount, you will receive another NZ$300 in bonus money.
However, this goes only up to NZ$300; all above will not be counted or matched by a casino.
No deposit casino bonus
These types of rewards players receive in return for creating an account at an online casino.
Instantly after registration, no deposit bonus will be added to your balance.
No deposit bonus comes in two forms, including:
- No deposit free spins can be used on specific pokies
- Free cash where you can win real money for free
These are the most popular and best bonuses among players because they allow them to test the games and the casino.
Loyalty bonuses are rewards that players receive for spending time at a casino.
Most casinos have loyalty programs that players accumulate by playing games and climbing the loyalty leader.
The higher rank on the ladder, the more valuable casino rewards players receive.
No wagering bonus
Bonuses without wagering requirements are one of the most popular types of bonuses.
Because players can instantly keep their winnings from free spins or bonus money without any playthrough.
You can get no wager casino NZ bonuses in three ways: no deposit, no wager bonus, cashback, and after your first deposit.
How do casino bonuses work?
The bonus process starts with the player depositing cash into their casino account.
A certain percentage of the bonus that has been deposited will be tacked on to that amount.
For example, suppose a player deposits any NZ dollars.
In that case, the casino will match at 100%, 200%, and 300% or more, giving you a total of double or triple the amount of New Zealand dollars.
Casino bonus advantages
The casino bonus is fantastic, so players should take advantage of the offer.
This type of bonus will significantly improve the player’s play experience.
Having the bonus allows players to start with more money and win more.
Plus, most casino bonuses here are offered from the best online casino with fast payout sites where you can get instant payouts.
How to claim a casino bonus?
Sometimes you will log in to the casino with the plan of only spending a short time on your favourite games or only spending a little money on chance.
Other times you might be browsing and want to switch games quickly.
To receive a bonus offer and use it in the best way, you need to pay attention to these requirements:
- Pick a casino from the list: Find the casino that you want to play at and verify that it offers the bonus
- Create an account: Access the casino and start a new report by filling out the registration form
- Make the first deposit: Make the required minimum cash deposit amount to your new account(might vary by game)
- Receiving a bonus: Claim your bonus (In most cases, the offer posts automatically)
- Start playing with a bonus: Enjoy your game and bonus
What to consider when claiming a casino bonus
While bonus offers can be enticing, there are guidelines that players should read to understand how the process works.
Here are several things players should look out for when deciding to claim a bonus:
- Wager requirements – These will vary per game. Players should keep in mind that there may be several times they are required to make a wager before they can withdraw any funds. That’s why choosing a game you enjoy playing is essential. Understand wagering requirements.
- Security – Players should feel safe depositing money into an online casino. Ensure you use a trustworthy casino that provides a secure channel to transfer funds.
- Payments and withdrawals – Depending on the casino chosen, qualifying fees or deposits made by the player will result in many different amounts of spins. If you’re playing with a bonus, you should note that funds collected from the bonus money might also be capped at a percentage of the credited bonus.
- Minimum deposit requirements – You might pay a certain amount per bonus amount. Players should make sure to read about minimum deposit requirements.
- Customer support availability – Customer support is very important, especially when dealing with finances and engaging online. Players feel more secure when help and answers are just a phone call away. Aim for a game or casino with staff available to call if you have any issues.
Evaluating bonus terms and conditions
Pretty much every bonus at online casinos comes with terms and conditions attached.
Wagering requirements are the number of money players needs to wager in bets on particular games. And is first what you need to look at when checking bonus terms and conditions.
Once you clear the wager requirements, all your casino bonus winnings become actual money and can be withdrawn and sent to your bank account.
For example, suppose you receive a bonus of NZ$100 with a wagering requirement of 30 times attached. In that case, you must wager NZ $ 3,000 before requesting a withdrawal.
On the other hand, if the same casino bonus has 50 times the wagering requirements attached, you will have to wager a total of NZ $ 5,000 before you can ask for a withdrawal.
As you can see, the lower the wagering requirements are, the easier it is to complete them.
Pay attention to these requirements:
There are other types of casino bonus terms and conditions, including:
- Maximum casino bonus amount: The maximum bonus amount is the value at which the casino will match your deposit in bonus money. For example, a 100% match deposit bonus up to NZ $ 200 means you must deposit NZ $ 200 to get another NZ $ 200 bonus from the casino. It’s a good idea to claim the maximum bonus amount if possible. This way, you can play with bigger bets on the casino games from the start and get bigger payouts in return. If you deposit NZ$300 on the same offer, the bonus your receive will not go over NZ$200.
- Maximum allowed bet per spin: This is a critical term in any bonus offer. Usually, the casino limits your bet size when playing with bonus money. In most cases, the limit is NZ $ 5, but some casinos can have a much lower limit in place. So always aim for the promos where this limit is higher, as you can place bigger bets and yield better returns on the casino games.
- Allowed and forbidden casino games: You should always check the list of allowed and forbidden games for play with bonus funds before you start playing. If you happen to play a forbidden game and ask for a withdrawal, the casino will surely void your winnings. Online casinos will refuse your withdrawal request due to not completing wagering requirements. Be well informed, and it’s a good idea to spend a few minutes reading the bonus terms, then potentially encountering payout problems and withdrawal delays.
- The maximum cash-out limit: Nowadays, almost all deposit bonuses in NZ dollars have a maximum money payout limit. But usually, no deposit bonuses and some deposit promos can have a maximum cash-out limit in place. To withdraw your winnings easier, always go for unlimited rewards.
- Expiration date: Usually, bonuses have an expiration date of 30 days or even more. But at some casinos, you can see a bonus promo where you have only 24 hours to clear the wagering requirements. So make sure to know the expiration date of the bonus and play your funds before expiration, or the casino will remove it from your account.
Frequently asked questions
Is there a way for current players to receive the welcome bonus offer?
No, the match bonus is part of a welcome package that certain casinos are offering to new players only. It’s an incentive to get new members signed up. For current players, casinos offer some great loyalty programs with casino rewards.
What is a deposit bonus?
A deposit casino bonus is a casino gift that players receive after creating the first deposit. In most cases deposit welcome bonus comes in 4 first deposits. They come in the form of free spins and free money. If you for example deposit NZ$10 you will receive NZ$10 in a bonus, it is also called a match bonus.
Can the bonus expire?
Players should check the terms and conditions of their chosen casino because in some cases the bonus funds will expire in 30 days.
Is it safe to take a welcome casino bonus?
As long as players are signing up with a secure casino site then they will be able to play with peace of mind. Players should make sure they have a clear understanding of how their payments are applied during gameplay and keep an eye on their withdrawal amounts to make sure they’re getting the right amounts of cash in each process. If there are any discrepancies contact customer service to clear things up.