If you are looking for a particular casino game or all casino games in one spot, you have come to the right place!
This article contains a list of all casino games that we can find online and land-based casinos offline.
Besides our ultimate online casino games list below, we also briefly described how to play each game, a few tips and the best sites to check your skill online.
Today’s technology has allowed all possible types of games to be played online at the best online casinos for Kiwis.
List of best casino games
- Additionally, we linked several useful pages where you can find more info about casino games. All games are available for free or real money at our recommended best online casino sites in New Zealand. So let’s go!
Here is the list of the best casino games:
1. Online slots (pokies)
In other countries, pokies are known as slots, while we call them pokies in our country.
There are thousands of different variants and types of pokies, such as 3 wheels, 5 wheels, 7 wheels, 3D, progressive jackpots, and pokies with various themes and graphics.
Online pokies or slots have exciting features like bonus rounds, free spins, multipliers, scatter, wilds, and double up slot features.
Did you know that the music, animations, effects, graphics, and even colours in pokies took place through psychology to keep us in-game as much as possible!
Always play pokies with high RTP and medium volatility and look for pokies with bonus rounds.
A slot game is purely a game of chance with no skill or expertise required to win. All slot-winning strategies are speculative without any proven workability. However, slots are fun, and they offer the fastest winning.
Last reviewed online pokies by CasinoBlacks:
The quality of all casinos depends on the number and types of pokies because they are the most popular among players in NZ.
Enter the game, set the bet size, and start spinning to start your playing.
What is the goal of the game? The total value of cards closer to nine wins the bet at a baccarat table.
However, if the value of the total cards is more than nine, you can drop one card and request another one from the dealer.
This process will continue until the dealer or players get the closest number to nine to win.
3. Jackpot slots
Frankly, jackpots are games of chance. However, the prize is usually higher than the classic games if you succeed.
Also, progressive jackpots are becoming more and more popular these days.
Here the casino takes away a percentage of every player’s bet and adds it to the progressive jackpot prize.
The lucky winner goes away with all the funds contributed.
4. Blackjack (21)
Blackjack is one of the most popular casino games ever. To win at a blackjack game, you need luck and strategy. In many countries, it’s known as 21. It is straightforward to learn and play. It is the only game where the casino has the slightest advantage over the player.
This game can be very profitable with reasonable skill and strategy. The game’s object is to beat the dealer, that is, to get the value of the cards in hand as close as possible to 21. If the hand’s value exceeds 21, you will burst and lose the hand. With a basic chart strategy, the house edge is 0.5%, while the house edge increases to 2% without it.
Always choose tables where the dealer stands on soft 17!
Although card counting at some casinos is prohibited; Card counting is one of the best ways to win at a blackjack game if you master the art. To win a blackjack game, your total hand value should be anywhere from 4 to 21. You can use a basic blackjack strategy that is legal to use at any online or land-based casino for best results.
Most players avoid Craps casino games because it looks complicated at first glance. But Craps is one of the most accessible casino games that new players can learn in two minutes. Craps are forms of dice rolling games.
Also, craps are pretty popular at the casinos. However, the street version seems to be more popular. In most regions, street craps are illegal. Generally, there is no limit to the number of players to play craps.
Roulette is the most talked-about casino game in the world. It is considered one of the oldest games for real money. At roulette tables, to win, you have to predict where the ball will land when the croupier throws the ball on a spinning wheel. American and European roulette has the same rules. The difference is that the American roulette has double zeros, which means the house edge is higher than the European version of roulette with only one zero.
At first glance, these two types of roulette look the same, but believe me; they are not. European roulette has only one zero on the reel. In contrast, American roulette has two zeros, which increases the house’s advantage. Always decide to play European roulette because you have a better chance of winning there. Also, roulette is available as a table game in a casino. You can also choose the live roulette option, where you play live against a real dealer.
7. Poker casino games
The game of Poker is there anything to add to this.
78% of people on the planet have played at least one poker hand. No matter the number of poker variants, the types of poker are draw poker, stud poker, and community card poker. Poker players create a hand that is greater than other players to win. The value of your card must be higher than the players. The most popular poker variant is Texas Holdem.
8. Scratch cards – scratchies
Scratch cards belong to the fun games casino category. Players can play them while waiting for your return at poker or when you are bored and do not have much time.
Here you aim to scratch or select the winning number, sign or another symbol winning combination.
To win a game of chance like scratch cards, playing at a reputable and trusted casino remains the best option. Also, you can buy more tickets for a better chance of winning.
9. Video poker
Video Poker machines are a top-rated online casino game. Old-school players use standard video poker machines with a gamble feature. Still, today online, we can find dozens of different variations of this game.
The game is similar to any other poker variation, as is the value of the cards. The only difference is that you play against the machine and have a double-up feature.
After each hand, you get where you predict higher or lower, colour or suits from the listed card on the screen.
10. Sic Bo
Sic Bo is an ancient Chinese dice game where players bet on the outcome of 3 dice thrown.
Sic Bo looks complicated because of the payout table, but if you dedicate 5 minutes of your time, this casino game will be a walk in the park.
All the possible outcomes of the dice are on the table, and it is your job to place money on the bet you think will win. There are many outcomes (places to bet), and each has its house edge and odds.
11. Dream Catcher
Dream Catcher is a newer live casino game developed by Evolution Gaming that falls into Game Shows.
Dream Cather is a straightforward game reminiscent of the Wheel of Fortune. Only the wheel is turning horizontally.
The host leads the game, who is spinning the wheel of fortune after placing bets from the player.
There are segments for bets in the wheel, such as 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, and 40. Segments 2x and 7x play the role of multipliers in this bonus game. A straightforward game where you don’t have to think much.
12. Monopoly Live
Monopoly Live is a real money game show launched by Evolution Gaming that can be played at live casinos online. As its name suggests, this game is parallel to the world-famous board game Monopoly.
The only difference is that Monopoly Live is a simple real money casino game where you can win large sums. A fascinating fact is the bonus game in which we can win huge victories.
Monopoly Live hosts the live person who spins the wheel with the segments on which players place bets. Each segment offers different odds, bonus game activation or a mysterious chance.
Before turning the wheel, you place a bet on one of the segments and wait for the outcome.
13. Slingo games
If you are a fan of slots and bingo, then Slingo games will be your favourite. Namely, Slingo games can only be found in online casinos and are considered an eclectic band of games that combine two-slot experiences and pokies into one.
Lotto is one of the most popular games of chance globally and in New Zealand.
Due to such tremendous popularity, Kiwis can also find this game in the online version.
Although we believe that everyone knows how to play this game, we will explain the course of the game.
Lotto balls are in a lotto drum through which air flows and mixes the balls.
The goal of the Lotto game is to predict lotto numbers.
Below you can find the best NZ lotto online websites to play for free or real money.
15. Quality bingo games (housie)
Many will say that this game does not belong to the casino games list. Still, players can find Quality Bingo on many online casinos, so we have added it to our best casino games list.
The bingo game is another game of chance. It requires a player to match numbers printed on cards. In some markets, bingo games are considered the lotto. The most popular types of bingo games are 75 and 90 bingo balls.
Keno is similar to the Bingo game. Numbers are drawn from 1 to 80 balls imprinted with figures. You have to place a bet on the numbers you believe will show up during the draw to win. The rules for keno games are the same, but their various graphic designs are the only change.
Casino games with the best odds
Here is the casino games list with the best odds analyzed and calculated by our online casino games experts. If you want to increase your chances of winning and beating the house edge, you should check out this list where we have ranked only the games with the best opportunities to win.
Of course, there is a skill and strategy involved in some mentioned games here. But even if you are a beginner player choosing a game with the best odds will become your advantage. Your chances to win will be much more significant. Let’s see the list:
- Blackjack: Odds for winning are 49%. House edge is 0.5% which makes the theoretical Return to Player percentage of 99,5%.
- Craps: Odds for winning are 50%. House edge is 1.41%, making a theoretical RTP percentage of 98.59%.
- European Roulette: Odds for winning are 50%. The house edge of the roulette game is 2.70% which makes RTP equal to 97.30%.
Players should avoid playing American Roulette because it has one additional field ( Double Zero). These two fields with the number zero make Roulette house edge up to 5.
Interesting facts about online casino games
In this section, let’s take a look at some interesting facts about online and offline casino games:
But first, lets us see 4 suits of cards and their names:
- The first online casino game appeared in 1996 when the first online casino called InterCasino where launched.
- Did you know that the oldest casino game was actually Craps, and its first appearance dates back to the 12th century?
- The first slot machine was invented in 1895 by Charles Fey.
- The biggest slot jackpot ever won in Las Vegas, specifically at the Excalibur Hotel-Casino, where the lucky player won an incredible $ 39,713,982.2. He played on a jackpot slot called Megabucks (R), which is still available to players today.
- Did you know that the twelve royal characters in the cards represent 12 months of the year?
- There are 52 cards in the deck, just like there are 52 weeks in a year. When we add them all up, we get a result of 365, the number of days in a year.
- The King of hearts is the only King who does not have a brocade, and his sword runs through his head. That is why he was named the King of suicides.
- The largest casino in the world is not in Las Vegas, but in China, more precisely in Macau. Macau Casino is a resort hotel that covers over 10 500 000 square feet.
Offline casino games
During the COvid-19, the popularity of casino games decreased dramatically due to many restrictions and the closure of 100% world’s land based casinos, automat clubs and pubs.
We consider all classic real money games by offline casino games such as slot machines, blackjack, roulette, poker games, baccarat, and other table and card games.
As a result, the popularity of online casino games has grown. Players can download offline casino games to desktop and mobile devices.
Want to play offline casino games but can’t find any?
Select one casino from the list and download the mobile application that allows you to play the chosen game entirely offline without the necessary internet connection.
List of the sites with offline games
Playojo10/10Games: 1700+50 free spins no wager on Book of DeadNo withdrawal nor maximum win limit50 free spinsno wager
150 free spinsno wager
Vegasoo casino10/10Games: 1700+25% cashback bonus on 2nd depositMonthly bonus up to NZ$100NZ$ 1500+ 50 free spins
2NZ$ 1500+ 50 free spins
Skol casino10/10Games: 2500+Fantastic live casino games libraryUnique Skol Casino branded gamesNZ$1300+ 250 free spins
3NZ$1300+ 250 free spins
Table games in New Zealand are among the most popular online casino games, next to online pokies.
Boasting a long history dating back many decades, these games offer a chance for players to experience an enjoyable game among their peers, and a chance to win some real money.
There are so many traditional online casino table games in New Zealand available for your enjoyment, and we will detail a few below:
- Roulette is the first online gambling table game that is very popular in New Zealand. Consisting of a roulette (little wheel in French), with the red and black area and numbers from 1 to 36, and two green slots, roulette is an actioned packed table game.
- Blackjack is the world-famous blackjack game. Known globally as it has been the centrepiece for many films, Blackjack is relatively easy to understand and gives pretty good odds of winning against the house.
- Baccarat is another edge of your seat table game in New Zealand that is a fan favourite on the global scale. Baccarat has pretty good odds, in that the player and the house have about the same chance of winning as the other Craps dates back to the 1800s and hasn’t changed much over the years.
- Craps captures the essence of casino games and gambling, being that you are winning and losing is literally on the role of the dice.
- Sic Bo is an ancient game with its origins in China and is another top-rated game in New Zealand online casinos. This exciting game of pure chance allows you to choose which part of the board a crap roll determines you which to bet on and the winner.
- Texas Holdem is the poker game loved and enjoyed globally is another of New Zealand’s online casino table favourites. Based on those hole cards, the gamer can make loads of cash in the blink of an eye.
Yes, card games are a big part of online casinos. They are a prevalent form of gambling among casino lovers.
When we think of card games, the first things that come to our mind are blackjack, Texas Holdem, rummy, sevens, solitaire, and hearts.
Players can play most of these games at online gambling sites that we recommend for free and real money. Also, players can play card games ta online casinos live against real human dealers and other players. Kiwis can play this form of card game only for real money.
Below we have excluded the top 3 best casinos with card games category in their game menu. These are:
- Vegasoo online casino – Over 100 various card games ( Blackjack, Jacks or Better, Holdem poker, Dragon Tiger, Patience, Baccarat;
- CasinoDome – There are over 200 card games at this marvellous casino, including Blackjack, Baccarat, Holdem Poker, Joker Poker
- Lucky Bull casino – Card games library offers over 150 tittles, including Video Poker, Poker, Blackjack, Baccarat, and Ventuno.
Casino games glossary
Roulette slang words (glossary)
- Croupier (roulette) – The “dealer” whose job is to make sure the game is being played correctly, bets are collected and paid accordingly.
- House Edge – Describes the mathematical advantage the house has over the players. It is critical the house maintains a position to ensure they stay profitable over time.
- Inside Bets – Relates to roulette and refers specifically to the bets waged in the centre of the wheel (roulette)
- Outside Bets – Known as betting options, is the area when bets are placed increases the gamer’s odds of winning more significant amounts.
- Wheel Checks – Define specific areas of the roulette wheel that have drastically higher odds of success for the gamers than others.
Blackjack slang words (glossary)
- Blackjack – A card game, in which each player’s object is to get as close to 21 without going over. Each player is dealt with two cards initially and can ask for another card to try and get closer to 21.
- Bust – Is when the player asks for an additional card and goes over 21
- Draw a Card – In Blackjack, the player asks for another card in an attempt to get 21 or as close as possible.
- Ace – in 21 the Ace card can be worth 1 or 11, depending on how close you are to 21
- Bankroll – This is a predefined amount you are willing to bet when playing 21.
- Hit– The player requests another card in an attempt to get 21 or as close as possible.
- Double down – When a player is allowed to double their bet in the middle of the game and has to get another card. It’s a chance to double your bets mid-game.
Baccarat slang words (glossary)
- Baccarat – is a card game that compares players’ cards, the player and the banker either have a higher, lower or equal card.
- Baccarat banker bet – Describes the card help by the banker or house.
- Banque – The European version of the games, where the banker’s bet is auctioned.
- Cut card – Is a plastic card that is used to cut the deck in half
- Craps – A gambling game that is played with two dice, where seven or eleven is an automatic win on the first roll and two, three or twelve is an automatic lose on the first roll.
- Ace Deuce – Is what’s called rolling a three, where 1 (ace) 2 (deuce) = three
- Bank craps – Is playing craps against the house
- Come bet – A new line bet in craps
- Field bet – In craps, a filed bet is paid 2:1 on the 2 or 12.
Sic Bo slang words (glossary)
- Sic bo – Choose which part of the board you to bet and the winner is determined by rolling the dice and the role of the board you bet.
- Triple Bet – All three dice land on the same number
- Chuck-a-luck – A game played with three dice, and also goes by the name of the birdcage.
- Grand Hazard – A dice game that uses three dice and wagers are placed on their outcome.
- Triple Bet – The placing of three bets
Poker slang words (glossary)
- Texas Hold em – A form of poker
- All-in – Wage your entire bankroll on one game.
- Three of a kind – A single hand that is made of three cards of the same rank and two additional other ranks
- Fold – The player puts their cards on the table and stops playing.
- Buy-In – Is the defined amount you have pay to join a poker game.
- Full house – A single hand that is made of three cards of the same rank and two additional cards of the same
Frequently asked questions
How many casino games are there?
It is impossible to say how many casino games exist. Because firstly, variations of classic games are launched monthly by various competitors in the casino industry world. Dozens of casino games of various types are released every month. Still, if you are looking for an answer to this question, we can say that there are currently over 3,000 different casino games for real money.
Which casino game has the best chance of winning?
The answer is the Blackjack! Blackjack is a game with the lowest house edge of about 1.5%, which tells us that the theoretical return to a player is about 98.5%. These mathematical statistics tell us that Blackjack casino has the best chance of winning.
Is there a strategy that can help me win more easily?
There is, but none of the strategies is 100% accurate and does not guarantee that you will win every time. Also, most systems require a slightly higher budget, where playing will bring you profit in the long run.
What is the most famous casino strategy?
Counting cards! Yes, card counting is the most famous strategy that has worked many times. Even more so, card counting is strictly forbidden in land-based casinos, even punishable by law. As far as online casino games are concerned, this strategy is impossible because casinos use 2 to 8 decks on each hand. After each hand, all decks are removed and unpacked new ones.
Is there a minimum amount to be allowed to play table games at online casinos?
Yes, every casino has a minimal deposit offer. The minimum deposit varies on all online casinos between 5 NZD and 25$ on our casino lists.
Can you actually win money playing online table games?
Of course, you can. If you decide to play casino games at quick payout casinos you can get your cash instantly. But remember, always play responsibly and only for fun.
What games are played in an online casino?
An online casino offers all the games we can find at land-based casinos and more. The most popular games at online casinos are pokies, table games, and video poker. You can always visit the online casino site and check your best match.
What is the best online casino game for android?
Every game on online casinos can be played on Android and iOS devices. Every player got his favourites games and we can’t discuss tastes. But we can say that online casino games are available on our mobile devices.
What is the easiest casino game to play in a casino?
Online pokies are one of the easiest games to play at online casinos. It is easy all you have to do is join the game set bet size, pay lines and start rolling the reels with one hit on the start button. You can try for free many online pokies on casinos that we are recommending.